Sunday 3 May 2015

Garden living...

...wishlist

I can't believe we're in May already!!
There is no denying that summer and warmer weather is on it's way!
Of course this means garden time!!

Our poor garden was in a state after the winter, but I've had a new lawn laid and am planning on spending the next week weeding and generally sorting it out!
Our old garden furniture has gone in the skip, and this weekend I am shopping for new.... plus some nice plants for our neglected flowerbeds!!

I love the idea of treating any outdoor space you may have as an extension of your home.... and something about summer sun makes me come over a bit bohemian... Our garden is quite small, so this year all I want to do is create a relaxing chill out area...the perfect space to lounge with a good book and a cold drink.

Here's a little inspiration for that relaxing outdoor space:

Image via sea of shoes
Image from Anthropologie
Image via Pinterest
As you can see, I am aiming for a relaxed and simple look....No landscaped garden features , no decking  or heavy DIY jobs in sight!! Just some nice garden furniture, a couple of rugs , loads of cushions and textiles, some garden lanterns and plenty of lush greenery...

I have put together this wishlist, that captures the vibe:



I love the thought of mixing rattan and jute with accessories in summer-sky blues...
and that rattan chair from Out there interiors is a real show-stopper....and I am so lucky that they've been kind enough to send me one....
So weather permitting, I can get the garden sorted this week, so I can show you all how my garden chill out area turns out soon!

2 comments:

Karolina Barnes said...

I wish I could have a hammock in my garden! I love your moodboard of the garden products.

june olsen said...

I know Karolina!Mee too: problem is: I have not got two trees to suspend one between, and I hate those ugly hammock stands...someone ought to come up with a nice design for those!!Thanks for popping by!! <3

"