Saturday 24 August 2013

DIY wedding plaque

 A personalized present for the happy couple

Today my cousin, Ingelin is getting married to her "handsome prince" (as Little Miss Moo says) Jan Terje, and although I am not attending the wedding, I've made them a personalized wall plaque to commemorate their big day ....
I am blogging from Norway, and this is such an easy and great little DIY, I thought I'd share how I did it:

Whilst stuffing my suitcase full of clothes I will probably not wear (along with 4(!!!) pairs of shoes???) on Wednesday night, for me and Little Miss Moo's holiday in Norway....I also threw in a lump of  Polymer clay, my stamp kit and some paisley wooden laser cut card decorations....
...So arriving at my parents house in Norway, I got to work...
I simply rolled out my polymer clay to about 1/4", marked out a circle with an upturned cereal bowl, stamped on my cousin and her husband to be' s names, and the date of their wedding...then I decorated the edges by pressing my wooden paisley shapes into the clay...oh! and I used a straw to make a hole at the top of the plaque....
I cut out the circle, then used my mum's pastry cutter to neaten up the edges, before placing in the oven at 130 degrees centigrade for 15 minutes ...


As if by a miracle, I also managed to pack my polymer clay glaze and my glass paints....
I mixed up a pale shade of purple and did 2 layers of glaze...

 ...When the glaze was dried I added a black satin ribbon, and voila! My personalized wedding present was finished....all in all this took me about 45 minutes to make!!


I updated a decorative box that I had with some ribbon and a plain white tag, and decoupaged on some old-fashioned "glans bilder" to use as a gift box!!


I hope the happy couple have an amazing day, and wish them all the best for their future as a married couple!!

GRATULERER MED BRYLLUPSDAGEN INGELIN OG JAN TERJE!!

If you want to see how I've used polymer clay before, check out my POLYMER CLAY LACE PRINT PLATES ....which you can win a set of 3 of if you visit my blogpost  a celebration and leave a comment...but hurry: This GIVEAWAY draw will close tonight, and the winner will be picked at random and announced tomorrow!!

xxx
June


6 comments:

Bliss Bloom Blog said...

This is so beautiful June! I love the colors and stamps that you used. What a wonderful keepsake! xo, Melanie

june olsen said...

Thanks Melanie! I will be selling these in my soon-to-come etsy shop....made to order! Please pop back again soon...I have lots of new projects planned!!
xxjune

Unknown said...

Hi June,

Hope you & Mia are well? Freya often asks after her & your craft class.

I've two weddings to go to next year, just wondering if you have set up your little shop? I'm thinking of getting them one for the personnel touch xx

june olsen said...

Hi Sarah! That is so funny...was just thinking of you the other day!! How are you guys! We are good! Mia asks after Freya all the time...we really must try to get together soon! I have set up my little etsy shop...if you look in the sidebar of the blog, there is a link that will take you there! I would love to make some personal wedding presents for you...I normally charge £15 for a plaque like this, but I'll do you mates rates...just get in touch over the new year with the names and dates, and I will get on it asap! it takes me 1-2 days to make..We are off to Norway for Christmas, so the shop is currently inactive...wish you and your beautiful family a very merry Christmas!! xxJune

Packaging Ninjas said...

Are you experiencing difficulties in maintaining small and tiny things at your workplace or even at your home? Do traditional sorting boxes take much space and you find it difficult to place them in your space? Do Not Worry! This issue will easily get resolve by using Custom Suitcase Boxes. These Custom Boxes are made and designed in a way that they require less space but can sort out hundreds of tiny things in them like nails, needles, screws, pins, buttons, and so on. These boxes help you a lot in organizing your space and keep your tiny important things safe. You can easily carry them along with you anywhere you want to go. This sort of Custom Suitcase Box Packaging is no more than a blessing for today’s era in managing your important stuff with less space.

Custom Cardboard Cigarette Boxes
Custom CBD Bath Bomb Boxes
Custom Sleeve Cigarette Boxes

pen boxes said...

Greetings! The very helpful advice in this particular article!

reverse tuck end boxes
two piece boxes
straight tuck end boxes

"